Saturday 25 February 2012

She's A Twentieth Century Girl, With Her Hands On The Wheel, Trying Not To Be Sick Again, Seeing What She Can Borrow...

When I was younger I hated Doc Marten's... Really hated them. While all the other girls in school got to wear their chunky high heels, my mum forced me to wear my sensible, below ankle, black Docs. Comfortable though they were, they were not in any way stylish and did very little to improve the grey pinafore dress I wore as school uniform. My mum's argument that 'little girls should be running around the playground not clomping around in heels' only seemed to make my shoe situation even more tragic...

Fast forward about 12 years and here I am, still unable to walk confidently in heels and all nostalgic for the '90s... Obsessed with baggy denim, shaved heads and chunky English footwear, wishing I could find those old Docs and cripple my toes squeezing them on  now that the '90s is so much cooler than it was in the '90s!!...

I recently scored these excellent Doc specimens from a friend. Luckily they're my size, so no crippling involved. They've really become my default footwear these past few weeks...







  • Straw hat- Cow
  • Levi's Denim jacket- from a friend
  • Hawaiian shirt- Cow
  • Knitted shorts- Topshop
  • Doc Martens- from a friend
What's your take on Doc's? Do you own any yourself??

Toodles to you bitches xx

 (P.S. Lyrics = to 'For Tommorrow' by the '90s-tastic Blur)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you <3 your's is so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Doc Martens wish I could my hand on a pair and I really like your denim jacket

    www.deejayspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look way cool.

    yup owner of 2 pairs of Docs.

    J x
    jjnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. they were all the rage in high school, had 7 pairs and got rid of them as chunky shoes were no longer acceptable...and surprise surprise they are again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. have kinda a crazy question/random thought...being a dope fashion girl dont you get pissed at the lack of space to accommodate it all? In America they have built in spacious closets which I am so jealous of..here I have 2 wardrobes, a chest and then 5 suitcases plus my floor lol..which seems to be my favourite because I can see it all.. I wish we had bigger flats. Just had to get it off my chest. How do you manage your clothes storage?

    ReplyDelete
  6. your outfits are awesome! new follower:)

    http://azucarbigarre.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've loved them since I was about 15, but I dont wear real leather and it wasn't until this year I finally found some non leather ones! So happy.
    You look gorgeous, I love the print on the shirt.
    Also those H&M shorts I'm pretty sure are relatively new stock, so it would be worth a look
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just found your blog, what a strong sense of style you have. very personal and unique, I love it!!

    Love, Ylenia | Longuette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isnt that weird how that happens? I thought Docs were so gross growing up and then this Xmas I was begging my bf for some. He got me some but they didnt fit right :( We tried 2 sizes. Maybe one day. My dream is to have a pair of white ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you bitches!! xxxx